Its 343250 and I am digging into one of the best peaches I've ever had. Its been one of series from a box that I bought with a coworker and each peach has been just as satisfying as the previous. The weird thing; I started this snacking with a pint of Ben and Jerry's Phish food. My favorite ice cream. I had downed about 5 reasonable sized teaspoons full when I remembered the peaches. I returned the Phish Food fully expecting my son would kill it off before I return to it, but so what I've got peaches!
Why is this remarkable? It actually represents part of the amazing growth I'm going through. In past years I would only have stopped the shovel when I figured I had reached the lowest possible level in the carton that I could still justify if questioned. I stopped before I even cleared away an even level. Also, in all the time we've been in Colorado, I've never bought into one of these deals. Choosing instead to roll my dice at Safeway where luck went with the fruit broker who bought the usually woody peach colored orbs. In my food choices at home and in my brown bag I'm eating so little and so well that Heather has noticed and teases me about it. I had a late lunch returning to Portland and the next day she told her friends that I had a glass of water for dinner.
On the scale back at the gym it turns out I gained about two pound while in Portland. I credit the excellent beer as I ate well, but scant as usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment