Big revelations:
- I was probably the product of an affair as the husband of my birth mother very likely wasn't my birth father.
- My Dad was not in fact my doctor, but rather the Chief Resident overseeing the pediatric ward I was on.
- My Dad had been involved in the birth and resulting issues surrounding my older brother's dealth.
- I wasn't in Cook County, but instead the state foster hospital
- My Dad kept making unnecessary visits to see me, eventually bringing my mother along to see me.
I did not have this total conversation with Dad as it would disturb and worry him, but I did shed some light on the issues that Heather and I have been having in our marriage. Typically he didn't offer any advice, something he has never been big on offering, but he is a good sounding board and was pleased to learn of the healthy choices that I have been pursuing.
While in Portland I got the opportunity to do two small to me, but huge to Dad tasks. I helped him hook up a DVD player and his old but powerful stereo system. Neither task was difficult, but he and Debbie greatly appreciated them. He called me Tuesday to report that he is back to his old habits and is pushing "11" on the volume dial.
No comments:
Post a Comment