Monday, August 8, 2011

Week One

It's now 359to50. First week went pretty good in that I did something new, I volunteered at Tri for the Cure. It's hard to call it volunteering since I essentially paddled around in my kayak. My role was to be Swim Support. The kayakers spread themselves out around the swim portion of the course and watched for swimmers in distress, or simply needing to catch their breath. It was fun and felt good to be a part of a great event.
One really great discovery was that I spent so much time paddling backwards, turning the boat around, and in general moving the boat in ways that weren't typical for a day out on in the kayak that I some new muscle pains. I wasn't terribly good about going to the gym this week so it was great to get a vicarious workout. Substituted two days at the gym with two walks, one with Amy, and one with Tristen. Heather and I got out and did some really great walks in the evening. I treasure this time with her because it gives us time to reflect on how great Stuart is doing with his new school and work. The kid has really stepped up to the plate and met his responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment