Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week Two

It's 348250. Yesterday I did something that hadn't even been on the radar scope at 365250; I went jogging. Tristen approached me and asked if I jogged. She knows I go to the gym at lunch so wondered if it included treadmill work. I told her no, but I could, why not. Since I plan to end this blog with a 0250 + a few with my account of climbing one of Colorado's 14er's I probably better get that cardio part into my work outs.
The jog was, well miserable, just as I remember running, but afterwards I felt great. Need to get out and do it again soon so that my calves do go out to pasture. Running with Tristen is nice. She is easy to talk to and has great insight. I am however unsure about how Heather feels about it. She joked, but I need to really get her to clarify if she feels the least bit threaten. There is no reason to, Tristen is good friend, coworker, and I definitely think at times mentor. The relationship for me is more avuncular, like she is a favorite niece.
As Heather's and my 24 Anniversary approach I feel really good about where we have come since last January when we almost packed it up. Running or walking with Tristen or Amy is nothing more then part of my goal to get new perspectives from people I respect and whose company I enjoy. It would be better if I could find guy friends to do this with, but the competition thing tends to get in the way. Pushing myself too hard or feeling that I have to go farther, faster when all want to do is get myself moving. My old college ways have come back as if they never left.
I need to figure out how to explain this to Heather so that she isn't angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment